Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dora the, um.... Tweenager who explores... Part Two

So, Mattel and Nickelodeon heard all the negative furor about the new "Dora the Explorer" being released this fall. And decided to release the new look now.

It's not too bad. I still don't think you mess with established icons, but she's not as "bratty" as I envisioned initially. I think all the inappropriate jokes about her (and more so about Diego) are still valid, but I have to give credit to Mattel and Nick for getting out in front of this one, so to speak. I felt since I blasted her when they initially announced this I should do this follow up entry.

Random kids show thought: I saw part of a newer episode of the Wiggles the other day, and they were doing a early Beatles spoof, and it was really well done - I actually LOL'ed at it. I'm really glad my son never got into the Wiggles, I probably would have had a lobotomy by now.

No comments: